Points accounts are back.
Official Launched Date: Friday May 15, 2020!
1. To Register for a Free Points Account!
2. Use the Membership Button Above.
3. Scroll to the Bottom of the page.
Right now this page is kind of a mess. I am adding information to it as it pops into my head. Over the next few days, I will make it more organized so you can find the information you want. If you have questions, please let me know, I can add the answers to this page as long as it pertains to the points program.
The Members Only buttons on the pages that are for Members only are actually for Gold Members Only. It will take a while for me to change them to Say Gold Members Only.
- There are 4 levels. Registered, Bronze, Silver and Gold.
- Levels are based on how many points you have accumulated.
- The higher the level, the frequency of being able to redeem points for files will increase. Once you reach the Gold Level, you will not need to redeem points.
- Gold level members get access to all member areas on the site.
- Everyone who is a registered member now, as of May 15, 2020, will be at the Gold level at the start.
- Redeeming points will come back very slowly. As I feature a pattern each day, it will be made available for download by redeeming points for those who sign up for a points account, as long as you have enough points. I have to edit every pattern and template to make it possible to redeem points for them.
- I will be also making sure to make it possible to redeem points for paper bead templates.
- There will be areas that you will be able to reach only once you get to the Gold level however, those pages will not change. For example, the Pro Version of the Bead Sheet Designer.
When launched, members who are registered can get points, for finding the Scavenger Hunt Item. Only registered members can access the pattern page that links from the download page tht the scavenger hunt item is on. That page will be made public.
- I brought back the Paw Tracker Game! It is played a little differently though. Read below to see how it works.
Members who are at the New User level, Bronze and Silver levels will be able to redeem points for crochet pattern pdf files, bead sheet bundles, paper bead templates and other downloadable files I add to the site. The point "prices" is 19,900 no matter the file size or type of download it is. It will be a slow process to add the special download button to the pattern pages and other pages that have downloads on them. In other words, they will only be made available for point redemption when I make a download page for them.
Gold members, nothing changes for you. You still have access to the files as they are now, that is not going to change.
If you have ever had a points account in the past, in the JPF Crochet Club, your points are not following you here. This is brand new and everyone who is not a paid member starts over from the beginning.
Your Status level is dependent on how many current points you have and not on how many you have earned in total. If you are a gold member, you can lose your gold status when you go below a current point amount. This will affect how many times per day you can download files, this only affects file downloading and nothing else. Gold level members can download files as many times as they want. New Members, Bronze and Silver members are limited to how many they can download per day, week and month.
It will be way different from the old system. It will not work the same. Everyone will start at the lowest level except those who have ever paid for lifetime membership or pays for membership in the future. Future members who pay the 12 monthly payments plan, will lose their Gold status if they cancel their monthly payments before the monthly payments end on their own after 12 payments. Some of the information here on this update may change as I figure everything out. I am still working on this and making progress. I am hoping for a May 15 to June 1st 2020 launch. I have actually been working on this for several weeks!
How the scavenger hunt works is different from before. First off, it is still going to be a daily thing. You will still search for the daily item. The page that it is on will be made free whether it is free to begin with or not. You have to have a points account in order to access the pattern page from the download page.
Free members and Paid members can get bonus points for finding the daily scavenger hunt item. Below are the steps to participate. You will also get 5 points for each unique page you visit.
- Sign up for a free points account.
- Once you are signed up, start looking for the scavenger hunt item.
- Once you find the scavenger hunt item, if you are a registered member, no matter what level you are at, a special secret code will appear. You will have to be logged in to see it.
- Copy that secret code to your clipboard.
- Go to the Claim Points Page on the site. See the link in the Membership tab on the navigation bar above.
- Paste the secret code into the form. You will be rewarded with 100 points for finding the scavenger hunt item.
Daily Paw Tracker Game
This game is back! Look for the letters of the daily word. The word to find the letters for will be in the daily newsletter. Here is what you do to play.
- Make sure you have a free points account.
- Once you are signed up, log in to make sure you can actually see the Paw Tracker Game. It will not show up unless you are logged in. It will be on the right hand side of the page.
- Go to the current day's newsletter to find out what the word of the day is and the point value you will get for finding all of the letters in the word. Write down the word on a piece of paper with a line above each letter.
- Start looking for the letters of the current day's word. The letters will show up randomly from page to page. Make sure you do not refresh the page. It won't count. Make sure you are visiting unique pages. You will get an additional 5 points for each unique page you visit.
- When a letter in the word appears, you will be given a special character which is part of a secret code. There will be as many characters in the secret code as there are letters in the word. If the word has 2 or more of the same letter, the special character will be the same for each of those duplicate letters. You will only need to find one of the duplicate letters.
- Write the character down on the line above or below the letter you find. When you have all of the characters for the secret code, go to the Claim Points page and enter the secret code and click the word "go". You will get the point value of the current day's word added to your account.